Hey, hey, hey, it’s Monday! Time for another edition of Case of the Mondays! This week, a peek at conscious consumerism.
As I mentioned in this post, I have been walking through a season of wrestling with my relationship with social justice – specifically when it comes to my daily choices. Watching the documentary The True Cost led the charge for change in my life, by causing me to take a hard, uncomfortable look at the impact of my purchases (spoiler alert: it’s not good). The thing was, I didn’t even know where to start! An entirely unknown world had been opened up to me, and I didn’t have the first clue on how to chart it. Luckily, we live in the age of Google and Pinterest, and I eventually found my way to wiser travelers who are farther along this journey than I am. I am so excited about eventually sharing more about what this is all looking like on a practical level in my life, but I’d like to save that for a little further down the road. For now, here are some of the very best posts I have found as I’ve attempted to navigate this whole conscious consumerism, ethical purchases, slow fashion thang. From practical ways to get started, to more philosophical explorations, these ladies know what they’re talking about. I hope you’ll be as encouraged and enlightened by them as I have!
- How to Start An Ethical Closet Without Spending A Dime @ Selflessly Styled
- Why I Shopped At H&M Last Weekend @ Selflessly Styled
- The Sad Truth About What We Want To Know @ Honestly Modern
- Want A More Sustainable Closet? @ Honestly Modern
- The 5 Most Common Fashion Mistakes @ The Curious Button
- 6 Myths About Buying Ethical Clothing @ Style Wise
- 5 Questions Every Conscious Consumer Should Ask @ Style Wise
Whether you’ve made the plunge to conscious consumerism or not, I hope you’ll take a moment to hear what these gals have to say and give a little thought to the impact it could have in your life.
Happy Monday, Homies!